Friday, September 12, 2014

How to Paint Stripes on a Wall

I love the look of stripes. I decided to try my hand at painting stripes on a wall. I wanted them to be subtle though, so I used the same color, just a different finish. I had semi-gloss and flat stripes. Here's how I did the stripes:


First, I used a laser level to help me tape off my stripes. To figure out how big to make the stripes I measured the height of the wall and divided it by how many stripes I wanted. I rounded my answer to the nearest whole number. I started at the top and taped off my stripes. The bottom stripe ended up being about an inch wider than the rest (because of my rounding), but you can't tell at all. I used small pieces of tape on the stripes I didn't need to paint to help remind me.

Then I painted away! I only bought a quart of the flat finish because I knew I wouldn't need a lot. It turned out the be the perfect amount. I even have a little extra in case I ever need to do touch-ups.

Here's the finished result. Sorry about he bad lighting. I love how subtle the stripes are. It adds a little flair without being too loud.

No comments:

Post a Comment