Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Vanity Make-Over

I finally painted my vanity. I've been wanting to spruce this puppy up for over a year now. I used glaze for the first time with this project, and I'm very pleased with how it turned out.
The glaze gives it a nice weathered look. It is the easiest stuff to use too. At Home Depot you just buy a can of clear glaze and add the color you want to tint it. I used black in my glaze, which made it more of a grey color. Then you just wipe it off with a clean rag, and wipe off the excess with a damp rag. I just did a little at a time because I figured I could always add more to it.
I'm really pleased with the decorative liners I found. I got them in the bargain section at Target for $3 a roll. I love the fun pattern. I think it goes great with the style of the vanity.

Of course I had to add a little Gilmore Girl charm. I love how this space turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment